The Thoracic Surgery Foundation/Francis Fontan Fund International Traveling Fellowship in Partnership with The Latin American Association of Cardiac and Endovascular Surgery
July 04, 2022
- Application deadline – 1 September 2022
- Bursary: Up to €8,000 ($10,600)
- Location: Gain knowledge of novel techniques and innovative technologies used by another institute around the world
- Duration: four-10 weeks
Following the success of the Thoracic Surgery Foundation /Francis Fontan Fund International Traveling Fellowship, EACTS and STS are expanding to partner with the Latin American Association of Cardio and Endovascular Surgery (LACES).
This unique and prestigious Fellowship supports the advancement of cardiothoracic surgical care through the sharing of clinical experiences across the global cardiothoracic community.
The Fellowship fosters the continued growth and development of cardiothoracic surgeons by providing members of the Latin America Association of Cardo and Endovascular the chance to learn from the highest standards of cardiothoracic care in Europe and North America, and gain knowledge of novel techniques and innovative technologies used by other institutes around the world.
The purpose of this international travelling Fellowship is to facilitate the continuing education of a deserving senior trainee or a new faculty interested in completing their training and filling possible gaps in their knowledge or abilities as they develop into a young faculty surgeon.
Successful applicants will use the valuable learnings and collaborative relationships developed through the Fellowship to further the progress of cardiothoracic surgery at their home institution in South America and support the delivery of the highest quality patient care.
Awards of up to €10,000 ($10,600) for four-10 weeks will be granted to cover the travel and living expenses for the Fellowship period. In addition, you will receive free registration to both the EACTS 2023 annual Meeting and the 2024 STS Annual Meeting, along with a travel bursary to attend both meetings.
Application and selection criteria
The TSF/FFF/LACES grant applications will be reviewed and evaluated by the TSF/FFF/LACES Awards Committee.
- Biographical Information
- Personal Goal
- Career Goal
- Education Environment at Host Institution
- Mentor/Convenor Information
The following documents must be provided as part of your application:
- Submit online Application
- Applicant CV
- Mentor CV: Restricted to one page CV / biography / NIH Biosketch / or equivalent
- One (1) Letter of Support from Mentor: The letter should confirm: (a) the availability of adequate training environment/educational experience that will provide the proposed training, and (b) his or her agreement to serve as mentor.
- Letter of interest detailing the way in which you meet the above application criteria, along with your career aspirations, as well as how you believe the Fellowship will impact your career.
- Budget (approximate breakdown of funding costs)
Please ensure that all documents submitted are written in English, and that they are submitted either as word documents or PDF. We do not accept images or handwritten applications. We are unable to provide advice or guidance about visa applications, so please ensure that you understand the visa requirements before applying for this Fellowship.
At the end of the Fellowship, the Fellows will produce a full report on their experience based on the Francis Fontan Fund Committee guidelines.